Detroit Work Visa Lawyers


There are many ways to enter the United States for work-related purposes, but some ways are better than others if your goal is to achieve permanent residence status en route to naturalization and citizenship. If you wish to enter the U.S. for employment or business with a green card, or if you are a non-U.S. citizen working here on a nonimmigrant visa and want to adjust your status to permanent residence, contact the immigration attorneys of DDPC Law., for advice about the alternatives that will work best in your situation.

With offices in Livonia, Grosse Pointe Farms and Novi, our lawyers advise foreign nationals about their employment-based immigration options. Your entry visa and adjustment of status options will depend on many different factors, ranging from your country of origin and current residence to your educational, professional or technical credentials. Additional options are available for businesspeople and investors who are prepared to contribute to job creation or economic development in the U.S.


Some people can obtain permanent residence upon entry if they can qualify for an EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4 or EB-5 visa. There are three kinds of EB-1 workers: those with extraordinary skills and experience in certain fields, outstanding researchers and professors, and multinational executives or managers. The other EB categories cover different kinds of specialized workers from degreed professionals to religious workers. The EB-5 classification offers a green card to investors ready to commit significant amounts to economic activity.

Our attorneys can explain whether your application might fall under any of the EB categories, but more commonly, foreign nationals enter the country under any one of many different kinds of nonimmigrant visas, then seek adjustment of status to a permanent residence after a year or two of successful work in the U.S. As experienced family immigration attorneys, we can also advise an employment-based client about the possibility of permanent residence through a family relationship or marriage.

The Detroit work visa lawyers of DDPC Law can find the right immigration and permanent residence options for a wide variety of workers, including foreign nationals employed in such fields as:

  • Engineering
  • Teaching or research
  • Software development
  • IT professions
  • Fine arts, entertainment or professional sports
  • Medicine and health care
  • Business management
  • Banking and finance
  • Restaurants, retail or international trade

For additional information about the scope of our employment-based immigration practice, contact DDPC Law at any of our three southeastern Michigan locations.